Governor's Stay-at-Home Order
You can find a copy of the order here, which explains businesses deemed "essential" under the Governor's order. The Governor's Executive Order 2020-18 extends this order, along with others, through April 30, 2020.
- Frequently asked questions
- Additional clarification
- Frequently asked questions for child care facilities
- Frequently asked questions for manufacturers (from the IMA)
- Frequently asked questions for restaurants (from the IRA)
The Village of Addison has chosen not to develop stricter guidelines than established by the order. However, the Village does recommend any business continuing to operate follow recommendations set by the CDC found here.
Help IL Assess Impact
The State of Illinois is assessing impact from COVID-19. Please be sure to let the state know of the impact on your business here.
Retooling Your Facility?
In light of the current situation, if you have decided to retool your work to help provide critical resources, please let us know via email. If you are looking to sell your product to the state or federal governments, we can connect you into that process.
CARES Act - Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security
This guide summaries major programs and initiatives of the CARES Act that will be available through the SBA. You can contact the IL SBA District Office at 312-353-4528. Page 2 highlights information on assistance to cover cost of retaining employees.
The US Chamber of Commerce compiled an article answering questions.
US Small Business Administration's Economic Injury Disaster Loan
Small businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 may be eligible to apply for loans of up to $2 million.
- This is a link to a PowerPoint on the Loan Program
- One Pager of details with contact information
- Summary of Steps of the Process
- Apply online
- Frequently asked questions
- The Illinois District Office is hosting twice daily webinars on the Economic Injury Disaster Loans. You can find details and register for these training events at www.sba.gov/il.
Illinois’ Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program
The Business Invest program was established by the IL Treasurer’s Office to assist IL small business and non-profits negatively affected by COVID-19. To learn more about the program click here.
Contact the IL Treasurer’s office with additional questions on this program at 217-782-9463.
Illinois’ Small Business Emergency Loan Fund
Low-interest loans of up to $50,000 for small businesses in every industry. According to the DCEO, businesses with fewer than 50 employees and less than $3 million in revenue in 2019 will be eligible to apply. Successful applicants will owe nothing for 6 months and will then begin making fixed payments at 3% interest for the remainder of a 5-year loan term.
More information and express interest here to receive an application
Hospitality Emergency Grant Program
Eligible bars and restaurants may receive up to $25,000 and eligible hotels may receive up to $50,000. These grants are available to support working capital – like payroll and rent – job training and technology to support shifts in operations, like increased pick-up and delivery.
Application period has ended. Grant winners will be notified on Saturday, April 4, 2020.
More Information available here.
License Renewal Information
State liquor licenses expiring on March 31, 2020, April 30, 2020 and May 31, 2020 are extended until July 31, 2020. (See announcement here)
State professional licenses issued by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) that have renewal dates between March 1, 2020 through and including July 31, 2020, are granted an automatic extension to September 30, 2020. (See announcement here)
o Families First Coronavirus Response Act One Pager
o WorkNet DuPage
- Mail service by USPS – frequently asked questions related to COVID-19
- Child Care Needs for Essential Workers
- IL Manufacturing Helpline
Sign up to Stay Updated
- CODE Red, Addison's emergency notification system, here
- Download the Village of Addison app. Search for "Addison Connected" or "Village of Addison" in your phone's app store to download.
- DuPage COVID-19 Hotline at 630-221-7030
Mon-Sat from 8 AM – 8 PM or Sun 10 AM – 6 PM
- IL COVID-19 Hotline at 800-889-3931 or email them at DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
Please direct business related questions to Anna Kubas at AKubas@addison-il.org or 630-693-7508
As the situation remains fluid, information is subject to change, but will do our best to share current accurate information.