Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, that include the common cold to more serious diseases such as pneumonia.
COVID-19 is a new, highly contagious form of coronavirus. While most people who are infected will experience mild symptoms that are similar the flu, many people – especially those over the age of 60, or who are immunocompromised – experience severe respiratory difficulties, hospitilization and even death.The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Limit contact with those outside your "home unit."
- When out in public, keep your social distance of at least six feet.
Those who are infected may spread the virus to others before they exhibit symptoms. Out of courtesy to others, please practic good hygiene at all times, including:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Do not go to work, shopping, church, etc.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a bent elbow.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water.
While the use of sanitizing wipes to kill germs is an effective way of cleaning surfaces please do not flush these, or any other type of wipes, down the toilet.
All wipes (including those marked "flushable") should be disposed of in the trash.
Illnois Governor J.B. Pritzker issued a "Shelter in Place" Order on March 21, which prohibits unnecessary public gatherings. However, if you are healthy, you may still go to work, shop for essentials – such as groceries and medicines, and go outside for exercise.