Swimming pools are a fun addition to any backyard, but pose several risks to owners and their neighbors. Compliance to the following regulations is extremely important:
- A minimum 4-foot high fence is required around pool or yard. Entrance gate must be self-closing and self-latching.
- Pools shall be located a minimum of 10 feet from the house, 5 feet from any lot line and shall not encroach into any easements.
- Pools shall be a minimum of 10 feet horizontally from any overhead electrical wires and 5 feet horizontally from any underground electrical wires.
- National Electrical Code requires Ground Fault Interrupters (GFIs).
- Pools shall not be drained to overflow upon an adjoining lot or otherwise create a nuisance.