Home > Residents >
Building & Zoning > Building
Building Permits: Swimming Pools
Swimming pools are a fun addition to any backyard, but pose several risks
to owners and their neighbors. Compliance to the following regulations is
- A minimum 4-foot high fence is required around pool or yard. Entrance gate
must be self-closing and self-latching.
- Pools shall be located a minimum of 10 feet from the house, 5 feet from
any lot line and shall not encroach into any easements.
- Pools shall be a minimum of 10 feet horizontally from any overhead
electrical wires and 5 feet horizontally from any underground electrical
- National Electrical Code requires Ground Fault Interrupters
- Pools shall not be drained to overflow upon an adjoining lot or otherwise
create a nuisance.