Local COVID-19 vaccine availability is coordinated by the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD). The Frequently Asked Questions page provides information on when you can receive your vaccine and what Phase the county is currently operating in.
DCHD is distributing vaccines in accordance with the State of IL COVID-19 Vaccination Plan. This plan outlines priority groups for vaccine distribution. Illinois is currently inoculating the 1A and 1B groups. Group 1B was started January 25, 2021. DCHD estimates it will take about 12 weeks to get through the 1B Group, but will depend on vaccines received from the State of Illinois.
- Phase 1a
- Healthcare Personnel
- Hospital settings
- Non-hospital healthcare
- Long-term care facility staff and all residents
- Other identified congregate care staff and all residents
- Healthcare Personnel
- Phase 1b
- Persons aged 65 years and older
- Frontline essential workers
- Phase 1c: Possible groups could include
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years old with high-risk medical conditions
- Other essential workers 11
- Phase 2: Larger number of vaccines are available. The focus is on ensuring access to vaccine for members of Phase 1 critical populations not yet vaccinated and extend efforts to reach Phase 2 critical populations. Possible groups could include, pending additional ACIP recommendations: The rest of the population.
Vaccinations will be available through 3 main methods:
- DuPage County Health Department will be doing vaccination clinics at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton. Register at 630-682-7400 or online to be called when an appointment is available.
- Health Care Systems will be calling their patients when appointments for vaccines are available. DuPage Medical Group and Edward-Elmhurst will be contacting individuals through MyChart or their preferred communication channel. DuPage County Health Department recommends contacting your Primary Care Physician with any questions you have.
- Pharmacies will be vaccinating individuals by appointment. Jewel Osco in Addison is an authorized site to administer the COVID-19 vaccine. To see if any appointments are available, visit their website.
Check back regularly for the latest information. As we receive information, we will update this page.