Garages and Driveways
- A paved driveway is required to provide access to a garage.
- No attached garage or carport may be converted to a living area unless the driveway can be relocated to the side yard. A minimum 10-foot side yard is required for a driveway.
- A detached garage must be located in a rear yard, and setback a minimum of 10 feet from the house, 5 feet from all lot lines, and completely off any utility or drainage easements. Setback regulations for attached garages varies depending upon the zoning district.
- Detached garages shall not exceed 17 feet, one story in height, or exceed the height of the main structure.
- All driveways must be hard-surfaced, either asphalt, concrete or paving bricks.
- Driveways shall not exceed 24 feet in width where they cross the property line.
- No alterations to the curb are permitted without approval of the Community Development Department.
- A permit is required from the Community Development Department for installation, replacement or resurfacing of a driveway.