The portal allows users to apply for building and engineering permits, check the status of applications and inspections, apply for planning applications, apply for rental housing licenses and apply for business licenses - all from the comfort of home. No more waiting in line.
The portal guides users through the application process to electronically submit all information required for the permit or application and offers the following conveniences:
- Track application and permit status
- Upload plans and documents
- Receive and respond to review comments
- Make payments
- Download the approved permit and related documents
When Can I Apply for a Rental License Application through the Portal?
Beginning Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
Can I Make Payments through the Portal?
Yes - most payments can be made through the portal by adding fees to the shopping cart.
Transactions greater than $25,000.00 will not be accepted online.
Cash Bond payments, Letters of Credit and Performance Bonds will not be accepted online.
Payments for Adjudication Citations will not be accepted online.
All above payments will be accepted, in person, at the Village Hall.
Can I See Application Statuses if I Did Not Apply for the Application?
If you are not the applicant, you need a portal account and you need the applicant to add you as a contact to the application.
What Building Use Should I Select for Permit Applications?
- Commercial: if the building lies within a Business District (click here for Zoning Map)
- Industrial: if the building lies within a Manufacturing District (click here for Zoning Map)
- Multifamily: for apartments and condos
- SFR - Detached: a stand-alone house
- SFR Attached: for townhomes and duplexes
Users have to select the application type based on the work being completed.
Once you select the appropriate application type, the field "Please categorize the nature of the work being done:" will auto-populate. Please do not change this information.
Select the application type based on the following work related items:
- All Season Court
- Detached Garage
- Detached Garage/Driveway
- Driveway (for SFR - Detached and SFR Attached Building Use)
- Hot Tub
- Sidewalk/Stoop (Private)
- Swimming Pool (Above Ground and In Ground)
- For all additions regardless of the Building Use
- Air Conditioner
- Attached Garage
- Basement Remodel
- Cell Tower/Antennas
- Electrical Alteration
- Electrical Services
- Elevator / Lift
- Exterior Doors
- Façade Improvement
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Sprinklers
- Gas Alteration
- Interior Remodel
- Kitchen Remodel
- Lawn Sprinkler System
- Moving a Building Across a ROW (Right of Way)
- Multiple User Fuel Dispenser Units
- Plumbing System Renovation
- Sewer and/or Water Repair
- Siding Repair/Replacement
- Single Hose Fuel Dispensing Units
- Solar Energy Systems (Solar Panels)
- Standby Generator
- Two Hose Fuel Dispensing Units
- Water Heater
- Accessory Structure
- Primary Structure
- New Multi-Unit Residential
- For new buildings with Multifamily Building Use
- New Non-Residential
- For new buildings with Non-Residential Building Use
- New Single Family Dwelling
- For new buildings with SFR - Detached or SFR Attached Building Use
- Outdoor Activities
What Application Type Should I Select for Engineering Permit Applications?
The application type for Engineering Permit Applications will default to "Engineering." Please do not change this information.
The field "Please categorize the nature of the work being done:" will default to "Other." Please do not change this information
Should I Apply for an Engineering Permit or a Building Permit?
Apply for an Engineering Permit for the following work related items:
- Curb and Gutter
- Driveway (for Commercial, Industrial and Multifamily Building Use)
- Driveway Apron (for Commercial, Industrial and Multifamily Building Use)
- Grading and Drainage
- Parking Lot
- Parking Lot Lighting
- Public Sidewalk
- Retaining Walls
- Sanitary Sewer
- Storm Sewer
- Street Opening
- Water Main
- Water Quality Improvement
See Heading named "What Application Type Should I Select for Building Permit Applications?"